>>While you read (click)<<
Long time since my last Insta faves post. So here you go! Hope you enjoy ;)
* By theeverygirl_
* By kinfolk
* By sugarandcharm
* By thewhite
* By shopblackcaviar
Wish you an amazing week ahead :)
Hello gorgeous reader,
This is March and I am back. As you may have read on Instagram or even on my previous posts, the month of February was very busy and quite stressful for me, hence the lack of posting.
I am truly sorry and I really want to make this month and the upcoming ones, different!
For today’s post, I wanted to let you know about one of my last personnal projects.
You know how sometimes you and your best friends talk and are like “Yea, yea someday we will be like this top model, dressing like this and that.” “I know, I love this hair, one day mine will look just like that.”
NOW IS THE TIME.
YOLO people (sorry but YOLO never gets old to me)
These are the glorious years. No matter how old you are, I really think you should picture your better self and do everything you can to get close to it.
And as everybody knows, it is useless to just picture a goal and say that you want to achieve it. You should create your own baby steps in order to do so. So that’s what I decided to do and picture things that I want to do, and ways I want to change until I am 23 and until I am 25.
As some of these projects are quite personnal, I won’t share them all here which I’m sure you understand. However, yesterday my good friend sent me this link. We’ve gotta love Thought Catalog. <3
From that list, this is what applies to me the most:
6. A good idea of what she needs in a romantic relationship, not just what she wants, or what she thinks she needs, and the willingness to explore different people and other ideas to find what exactly that is.
7. A closet of what she considers to be her “staples,” and among these things, something to wear to an interview, funeral, wedding, impromptu Friday night drink at a casual bar and dream date if ever someone were to call out of the blue.
10. A favorite coffee order, go-to restaurant for when friends visit from out of town, hairstyle that takes less than five minutes in the morning, “thank you” cards in her desk drawer, the print copy of her favorite book, and bedding that she is proud to show off.
11. A hobby that has nothing to do with drinking, shopping or somebody else.
12. The recipes for a number of easy meals memorized.
13. The desire and discipline to actually cook for herself. (Just herself.)
What about you? Which would be your one-year goals and 3-year goals?
Not me (yet)! Ahh – come one, did I fool you? haha
That could have explaines my complete absence from the blogosphere (and the whole internet – truly sorry about that) but as you may know already I started a new job and this first month has been particularly intense. I will be back on track on March I promise. Until then I will try to post as much as I can on FB – where I usually share my favorite finds of the internet.
– But back to this actual post –
LACOSTE & JCREW HAD A BABY
Two of my absolute favorite brands collaborated and launched their collection online yesterday!
I only saw that news yesterday while scrolling down on my instagram and was so so happy.
Both prep’ giants worked on a polo collection that is described perfectly in the The Fashion Spot.
The shirts are an updated throwback, inspired by the 1983 version of Lacoste’s alligator logo, rendered in blue as opposed to the green we’re used to seeing. – WWD
Available in three colorways, J.Crew switched it up with an archive style straight from 1983 that swaps out the traditional green crocodile for a blue one that’s detailed with a Lacoste cursive font inside the logo. The shirt’s fit has also been updated with a slimmer cut and features notched tennis tails. – Acquiremag.com
This is such an amazing idea – these are both great brands and I personally think that Jcrew has been doing an amazing job in teaming up with some great other leaders in an important range or market. Well done you two!
As you may remember from my previous post, I recently started an internship (hence the lack of posting – which I’m really sorry about and will try my best to change).
I really enjoy what I am currently doing but as it always happens, as much as you love what you are doing, somedays are just NO-days. You’re tired, something went wrong etc.
I have many little SOS things to do in case the day fails (which I could write about, let me knwo if that is something you would like to read about) and one of them is really listening to music and to the one kind that gives me some energy and strength thansk to its beat or lyrics.
Here are some of the songs that I have been listening essentially last month and that were exactly what I needed for some extra energy.
What do you think?
I hope you are all doing well and that this playlist will inspire you ;)
HELLO Ladies & Gents!
For the ones who have been following me for a while you might remember my first Miss/Love/Excited post. If not click here.
This was meant to be a series. I know, I know. Words.
HOWEVER, I aim to bring the series back – so here it is!
* By Vogue
I miss going to many fashion/design events as I used to do back in September. I gave priority to my other activities this winter and mainly university. I hope I will have the opportunity to go back to these events soon.
Those of you who live/know Paris, are you aware of some nice upcoming activities?
Want to read about my previous event experiences?
Vogue Fashion Night Out Paris 2014
Paris Design Week 2014
McGregor Afterwork Party – Women Collection Launch in Paris 2014
Many many many of you may know this by now. I got some Stan Smith sneakers for my birthday back in October and I have been absolutely loving them. They are super comfortable, go with everything and they always give a casual touch yet sophisticated thanks to the Midas touch (got it? Gold ;) – so P&F). Follow me around and see more snaps of my own Stan Smith here!
* By Capecodcollegiate (Tumblr)
& Finally – I am super excited about my internship starting next week.
Obviously a bit nervous but very enthuisiastic. As always – you know the deal.
I hope you like it. I think this series is a great way to share things with you and also exchange as I would love to know what you guys are missing/loving/and most excited for at the moment. :)
Let me know!
I hope you all had a great week and I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
For this new year I have many new post ideas that will feature some fellow, bloggers, instagrammers and other talented souls.
Today, I wanted to introduce you to the very artistic Jasmin Rosenberg that I discovered on Instagram – JAZZIROSE.
Please go check out her blog – I think she has one of the best feeds ever. If you are into the very minimal and white theme, you will love her account & as everyone knows already I am all about that.
Without further do, let me share you my favorite posts from her (I’ll try my best not to put them all here) and scroll down for the complete interview.
Tell us a bit about yourself:
– My name is Jasmin and I’m 20 years old. I was born and raised in the southern part of Denmark in a city called Svendborg, where I currently still live with my parents and little brother.
Something you love about the city you live in:
– What I love most about my hometown is probably that it is located very close to the coast. From my home there is about 5-10 minutes to the nearest harbor and beach. It kinda gives me sense of freedom rather than being “stranded” in the center of the country. Also, I think that the size of the city is spot on. Not too big and overwhelming as some big capitals might seem, nor so small that you’ll get bored here.
Currently studying/working? Something you love about it:
– I graduated summer 2013 from what you internationally would call “High School”
I had no idea what I wanted to study next, so I took a year break from everything and basically spend all my time with family and friends.
This summer I, very spontaneously, started at university on a rather new education called “Intercultural pedagogy”.
But it just wasn’t the right choice for me. I felt sad whenever I went to school, didn’t feel like I belonged there and the subjects didn’t really interest me either. So I dropped out of uni in December, which was actually quite hard for me, because I somewhat felt like I gave up.
But now, I have applied to a new school and a new education, “Marketing management” which starts in February.
I have a much better feeling about this, but I won’t know until later on in January whether my application has been accepted or not. (crossing fingers)
What are your hobbies?
– One of my biggest hobbies has to be photography. I take pictures with my iPhone 4s or my Nikon d3200.
I absolutely love the whole “set up” of a picture and I have fun editing the images afterwards.
I love to share my photos on Instagram where I feel that I get a lot of feedback aswell as inspiration back from the people I follow.
I also enjoy more ordinary things, like cooking and workouts at the gym :)
How would you discribe your personal fashion style? Do you find inspiration in some celebreties?
In 4 words: minimalistic, simple, casual and most importantly, comfortable.
I live in oversized, chunky jumpers, cardigans and black leggings. My wardrobe consists mostly of black, white, grey and nude items, because that’s just what I feel most comfortable in. I often add red lipstick to an outfit, so I don’t look completely washed out.
I used to always wear whatever everyone else wore, but now I focus on just feeling comfortable in what I’m wearing.
I respect people with personal style, who can manage to stand out in the crowd (without having to wear bright yellow clothes ofc.)
I love to browse through Pinterest to find inspiration and I’m a huge fan of Mary-kate and Ashley Olsen’s style. They are always on point!
You instagram feed is absolutely gorgeous – where do you find your inspiration?
– Thank you so much! I follow a lot of similar accounts on Instagram and get inspired by them everyday.
Also, I’m scrolling though the Pinterest app daily, which to me is a huge inspirational source that I think everyone should join!
I can also easily find inspiration on TV, commercials, in a magazine or just at the mall. Everywhere basically!
Tips and Tricks for an awesome looking Instagram:
– The best advice I can give is to try and find a “theme” for your feed. It could be food, fashion, fitness, your lifestyle, interior design, the way you edit your pictures, a certain color, whatever you like. Try to find a common thread that kinda connects all your pictures and in that way gives your feed a certain style. I also recommend that you take pictures in natural daylight and that you don’t add too many filters and effects.
Just adjusting the brightness and contrast of the image can do so much! (that’s at least what I prefer to do)
Something amazing that has happened thanks to your account?
– I’ve had the pleasure to receive a few products from different brands, which to me is so amazing and I’m so thankful for that!
I’ve also done a giveaway not too long ago with an amazing brand called Hoff by Hoff.
This year, I’m collaborating with a new women’s wear fashion label called Míela, and I will also be blogging for them.
What are you most looking forward this year?
– Hopefully, I’m looking forward to starting on my new education and I’m excited to see how that goes.
Other than that, I don’t have anything in particular that I’m looking forward to. But who knows, your never know what the future might bring.
To conclude, share with us a couple of your current favorite pictures/quotes/etc:
Quotes: “Close some doors. Not because of pride, incapacity, or arrogance, but simply because they no longer lead somewhere.”
“Ask yourself if what your are doing today, is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
Here are some fashion and interior pictures that I find very inspirational.
They are all from Pinterest, so if you like this “simple, minimalistic, less is more” kinda style you should follow me there! (www.pinterest.com/iamjazzirose)
Thank you so much Jasmin for accepting this interview and sharing some great info
Share the post if you enjoyed it and let me know if you would like more of these in the future!